Aging is inevitable, but aging well is something we can control. The science and technology of skincare have advanced tremendously, allowing us to enhance, refine and restore individual beauty in ways that were never possible. In addition to well-established procedures that have helped many for decades, a proliferation of next-generation surgical and non-surgical anti-aging solutions are now available, providing patients with a variety of customizable options. These include preventative treatments for those in their 20's and 30's, as well as, restorative procedures for those looking to reverse the effects of time, sun, and troubles during their middle and later years.
Below are some of useful recommendations:
Surgical Options to Reverse the Signs of Aging
The quickest, most effective, way to reverse the signs of aging is surgery. Contrary to popular belief, people who elect surgery come from a wide variety of age groups. Genetics, sun exposure, and different lifestyle choices are just a few of the reasons why surgery may be the best option for a person, regardless of age. Some anti-aging, surgical options include:
- Facelift: lifts and repositions skin and underlying tissues to re-establish the natural curves and lines of the cheeks, face, jawline and neck, restoring balance and youth.
- Eyelid Surgery: can reduce puffiness, reduce sagging, or wrinkled skin on the upper or lower eyelids.
- Facial Fat Transfer: an effective, all-natural way to restore a plump, youthful appearance to the face. Remove fat from one area of the body, such as the abdomen, flanks or thighs, and apply it strategically to enhance facial fullness, improve contours, and soften the lines and wrinkles on the face.
- Erbium Laser Resurfacing: one of the latest, cutting edge tools, often used in combination with other procedures, Erbium lasers address fine lines, wrinkles, uneven texture and tone, acne scars, and so much more.
Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Options
If surgery is too intimidating, or just not necessary to achieve results, there are amazing, non-surgical options out there. A combination of non-surgical services works best to achieve that youthful appearance. Easily the most popular anti-aging treatments today, injectables restore volume and diminish lines and wrinkles for a younger, more refreshed appearance.
- Botox is used to relax facial muscles, allowing the skin to remain smooth, minimizing lines and wrinkles.
- Dermal Fillers are used to restore lost facial volume, enhance the lips, and correct wrinkles, folds, and scars.
- Liquid Facelift is a very popular combination of injectables for subtle facial contouring, correcting wrinkles, and restoring lost volume.
Skincare Anti-Aging Options
The backbone to any anti-aging plight is quality, at-home skincare. Daily application of a broad-spectrum sunscreen, SPF of 30+, is a must because unprotected sun exposure can rapidly age the skin. Look for skin care products that contain essential anti-aging ingredients – such as antioxidants, retinol, vitamins C and E, AHAs, Salicylic acid, and hyaluronic acid. Proper nutrition and exercise are also essential to maintaining the health of your skin.
Inside-Out Anti-Aging Options
There is a shift of focus to foods and supplements you can eat to help rejuvenate and delay the effects of aging. Everyone has heard of boosting antioxidant levels and so many websites detail how much antioxidants are in this fruit or that vegetable. There is a growing interest in other supplements like Resveratrol, which is found in wine comes from grapes, and Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN). There is also extreme interest in a specialized anti-aging herbal tea from Puuritea, for those who can afford it, since helps both external beauty and internal organ rejuvenation.
Overall, the best anti-aging advice is to take the time to care for the body you've been given, maintain a healthy lifestyle, and seek out a qualified advice.